* Removing existing tiles. Wall is breezeblock/plaster (1970s
construction). FAQs advise using a bolster chisel.

Use an SDS drill with a cold chisel attachment. I've never had much

success
with a hammer and chisel. It tends to disintegrate the tiles into

shards and
leave chunks on the wall. The SDS chisel, on the other hand, causes

the
tiles to leap off the wall whole with excitement and stack themselves
neatly, ready for disposal.

And does the surface underneath (presumably chunks of tile
adhesive) take a lot of levelling off before retiling?

After removing large chunks, I go over with a belt sander.

Christian.

Sorry, Christian. Call me a Luddite, but I have no power tools in the
house!

It'll have to be done manually.

Is this chisel OK:

Or is that too big?