Mike in Mystic

were you already on LP service before this? I've been thinking of using the
same system, but wasn't sure what is involved in getting a big tank
installed. My house has an oil-fired boiler, so I'm considering running a
hot water line to the garage and using a convection unit from that. No
combustion at all in the shop seems like a good idea, and then I could have
only one fuel to deal with. I just have no clue as to how efficient that
would be, although my boiler man says it would work just fine - although he
won't dig the trench for the line hehe.

Mike

"sysadmin" wrote in message
I ordered mine online for about $440. The shipping is like $50. I'm not
sure what the final installation will cost since I have swallowed my pride
and decided to have somebody else do the gas installation. There's
something about explosions that I don't like.

"Keith" wrote in message
If you don't mind me asking, how much did it run you? I've been
looking at a Rianni direct-vent model for my unheated 2 car garage,
which is looking to cost me around $1000.

-Keith

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:10:02 -0500, "sysadmin"
wrote:

Ok, difficult question, I just ordered the Hot Dawg HD45 45,000 heater

for
my garage. It's an oversized two car garage, soon to be dream workshop.
was planning on using a thermostat to keep the temp around 50 and then
cranking it up when I'm in there. Can somebody tell me how they've done
with fuel consumption? This is a LP type of heater and I'm concerned
about
the exorbitant prices of fuel and the nitwits I work with bragging about
the
efficiency of their wood burning stoves.

-Chris