Roger

Default Adding Socketds

Bloody hell! thats brilliant, the best answers I've ever had on a ng.

Thanks very much guys, I think I really understand now what its all about.

BTW in the end I put in one spur from a junction box on the ring and wired
another into the ring, bit difficult getting the wires in and out of the old
conduit, but worth it to keep down my total spurs.

Once again thanks very much for all the advice and explanation.

Rgds
Roger

"Roger" wrote in message
Whats the alternative to adding a spur if the ring main hasn't enough

slack
to reach the new socket? Could I break the ring with two junction boxes
and add two wires to extend the ring to the new socket, if thats ok what
about a double wired spur?

I don't really understand the theory behind this spur thing, is it the
rating of the wire from the ring to the spur or is it just that if you

have
too many spurs they you'll probably have too many sockets for one ring?

Can somebody please clarify this for me?

Many thanks
Roger