George

"AAvK" wrote in message
news:wK1Kd.9357$rv.8447@fed1read03...

When I was ripping my maple for benchtop laminations, one of the "elders"

in the adult
ed. class told me "maple is a bitch". He showed me to rip it three saw

blade levels "up"
at a time, per full cut, just to cut through 8/4 stock of hard rock. The

old Chinese fence
had to be adjusted three times PER BOARD to be ripped... so you are quite

right. This
was a 3hp 12" cab. table saw..."Yuang Kuang" brand or some **** like that

(donated). It
was some seriously hard work for me as a new learner. Each rip was very

slow, total
of 36 rips in 12 full cuts and 12 fence adjustments through 4 8/4 boards,

and with a
newly sharpened blade too!

Get another instructor. Any time the blade remains buried in the cut it's
under stress from poorly ejected or unejected waste.

Get the blade up so the gullets come into play and feed moderately. If the
blade slows, ease the feed rate. Also helps to have a real rip blade versus
a combination, though the WW folks will no doubt chime in with endorsements.
I suppose if I had spent that much on a blade I'd try and justify it too.