pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show steamer
wrote back on Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:36:19 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :
--Coles used to sell a pressurized diaphragm valve for a fuel
system, set up so that if pressure fell in the boiler it automatically
shut off the fuel supply. What more does one need?

Some way to cool the boiler. More importantly, the water in the
boiler, similar to putting an ice cube in the soup to keep it from boiling
over while you turn the stove down.

What I'm thinking about is when you get that run away situation - I may
be trying to prepare for the one in a million cases where the pressure
relief isn't enough and the boiler would explode anyway. Rapid cooling of
the water to below boiling point. Which is also a function of pressure,
so... doesn't have to be much. [Of course, as the wizards all know, 1 in a
million event tend to happen 9 out of 10 times. HT to Terry Prachert.]

--
pyotr filipivich.