SansAdresse

Note that I don't need a full fledged Pe-in/Man-out pair, which must
have "universal" properties (driving a variety of external power amps
for instance.)

I just just need a "loop" after the volume control where I can hook a
high quality active crossover.

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:14:42 -0600, "jakdedert"
wrote:

SansAdresse wrote:
The idea is to cleanly separate the frequencies (I am just going by
the textbook!), and to avoid sending to the main speakers the low
frequencies which may drive them into distortion. (Bach's organ music
is played on the system.)

You shouldn't have to worry about distortion in a subwoofer, but I admire
your fortitude. Yes, you are doing it the 'right' way, but certainly you
are doing it the 'hard' way. I'd try NSM's solution first, then if you have
objectionable distortion....