Spud

Default custom shower mortar bed question

Hello all,

I recently had to replace the entire floor in a custom tile shower. The
original had a lead shower pan that had deteriorated over the years and was
leaking. I had to tear the whole thing out down to the subfloor and have
replaced the lead pan with a vinyl pan and filled with mortar in preparation
for the new tile floor. My question is, should I seal this mortar with a
masonry waterproofer like Thompson's or UGL Drylok before installing the
tile with thinset mortar?? My thinking is this will help prevent
moisture/water from seeping down thru the mortar bed in the first place.
My concern is, will the tile thinset mortar bond with the mortar bed if I
treat it with one of these sealers. I don't want to have tiles popping up
6 months down the road.

Thanks for your help,
Spud