Stephen Hull

Default Lead in paint?

In message
"al" wrote:

[snip]

The introduction of lead in household paint was banned sometime during
the mid sixties IIRC, However if your in doubt as to it's content I'd
recommend wearing a mask anyway just to be on the safe side

What's more dangerous then, dust or vapour?

Good question,
Depends which way the wind is blowing

You have less control over dust so the amount ingested might be more
than it would as a vapour, You can stand back to avoid vapours but not
so with dust IYSWIM.

Having said that I'd wear a mask anyway even if you knew for certain the
paint doesn't contain lead, again to protect your lungs.

Steve.

--
Vehicle Painting Pointers: http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
Coach painting tips and techniques + Land Rover colour codes