pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show wrote back
on 21 Jan 2005 09:34:44 -0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
The guys at the local feedstore will replace the old valves with a new
OPD for about the same price as a new tank. They remove the old valve
using a fitting that will attach to the valve. That fitting is welded
to a piece of pipe about four feet long.
They don't use any heat, and without purging the tank. Obviously they
do let all the pressure out.

CYA This is not a recommendation to use their procedure.

"Kids don't try this at home. We're professionals, and have a fully
equipped emergency response team standing by. That's Earl over there with
9-1-1 on the ol' speed dial."

tschus
pyotr

--