Jim B

On 26 Jan 2005 11:06:44 -0800, "Matt" wrote:

So in the end are you a Plonk, Plonker or Plonkee?

As Effi has so masterfully 'plonked' me, I decided to ask about this
action.

From what I understand - this is the term applied when someone is

killfiled.

Now, here is what is hilarious: The 'Plonker' ALWAYS lets the 'Plonkee'
know they have been 'Plonked', by responding to a post that they don't
agree with by using the phrase 'Plonk', sometimes 'Plonk!', or, my
personal favorite - '*Plonk*'.

Why would the plonker feel the need to do this? Could they not, for
example, simply killfile the person and then remain silent? Or, is this
the usenet equivelant of 'Nanny nany boo boo, I can't hear you - and
now I told you'?

Am I really supposed to care that I've been 'plonked'? Does the fact
that someone I don't know, and will never know has claimed that they
are ignoring me - supposed to cause me some sort of pain?

Here is the funny part though: Plonkers RARELY, if EVER, actually
'plonk' anyone. Oh sure, they tell you they did... but it's not long
before someone who is supposedly ignoring me comes back with a lame
attempt at an insult sooner or later.
I don't understand it, but I do think it's hilarious.