_firstname_@lr_dot_los-gatos_dot_ca.us

In article , effi wrote:
(fiberglass dust, carcinogenic

You claim that fiberglas dust is carcinogenic. Prove it. I've not
yet seen any proof of it. Nor have the regulatory agencies. If it
were proven, you would see companies like Owens Corning or Johns
Mansfield disintegrating rapidly (like the asbestos industry did), yet
they have not.

Until we actually know that fiberglas dust is carcinogenic, please
refrain from spreading rumors.

supposedly even the air tight recessed housings are not 100% air tight
between the living area and the attic

Let me tell you a dirty (bad pun) little secret. The rest of the
house is not 100% air tight either. And that's a good thing,
otherwise you would suffocate, and the humidity would ruin the house.
Examples: Every electrical outlet and switch is not airtight. If the
walls are stuffed with fiberglas (as they usually are for exterior
walls, sometimes also for interior walls), you have little leaks right
there, and some fiberglas dust will come in. Same with ceiling light
fixture outlets (which will usually be in contact with the fiberglas
insulation in the attic). Same with little cracks around each window
or door. Not to mention nail holes: If you hang a picture, and then
remove it and leave a little nail hole behind, there is another leak.
Your water heater is insulated, quite possibly with a fiberglas
blanket, and its outer shell isn't airtight either.

Clearly, fiberglas dust is not to be taken lightly. Putting a
sensible amount of effort into sealing it is a good idea.

If you feel strongly that you want to live without any fiberglas, then
please move to a house that is insulated without fiberglas. In the
meantime, spreading paranoia and annoying others is not useful.

--
The address in the header is invalid for obvious reasons. Please
reconstruct the address from the information below (look for _).