Yekal

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:36:43 -0000, "Yekal"
wrote:

I agree sewing is easiest, but use silicone on the sewing machine, or you
will struggle to feed it through.

I use a Very Very Big sewing machine. 8-)

The other way to sew through foam is to clamp the foam between two
boards and a couple of G clamps, with the necessary part sticking out.
Then run it through a sleeve-arm or post machine.

www.jamilton.co.uk

Do you not find they are expensive for most things or is that what you
meant, and not just the foam.

I don't buy enough upholstery to really know. I find that just
_finding_ upholstery supplies is hard enough, let alone comparison
shopping for the stuff. I find _all_ upholstery shopping projects turn
out more expensive than I expected ! Miltons didn't seem ridiculous
for webbing, rubberised horsehair, tacks etc.

I also have non-upholstery sources for very cheap fabrics (hessian,
linen, calico and coverings), so I'm probably not buying the worst
cases.

Is there anywhere else you'd recomend as a supplier ?

There is not many places that sell to the public, I tend to buy in bulk for
most items, but I don`t sell as much as Miltons,or advertise we sell,
because the majority of the things we sell is what we use in the course of
our work. If you do require anything don`t hesitate to mail me and I could
give you a price or source things for you.