Martin Angove

Default Adding Socketds

In message ,
"blah" wrote:

Martin Angove wrote:

As mentioned above though, if it is only one socket you need, there's
nothing stopping you sticking a junction box "in" the ring and wiring
a conventional 2.5mm2/one socket spur from there.

I think if I was doing that I'd put another socket in where the junction
box goes. If you have to join the cables may as well get an extra socket
out of it rather than a blanking plate.

Depends on the cable run though. If the cables are under the floor or
above the ceiling (very common) there may not be a suitable place to
mount a socket. Come to think of it, apart from putting the extra socket
bang next to an existing one (in which case, why not spur off that) I
can't think of the sort of cable run which would allow you (easily) to
insert a socket in the ring unless it is entirely surface-run. If this
was possible in the OP's case I don't think he'd have bothered asking
the OQ!

Hwyl!

M.

--