Mary Fisher

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
uk...

I prefer live trapping since it doesn't spatter mouse juice round the
bottom of your food cupboard. I then empty the mouse into a freezer
bag and beat it with a shoe.

That sounds emminently sensible, mouse gets dispatched fairly humanely,
you don't risk getting bitten and the resultant mess of blood and brains
is contained. I like it. I generally prefer poison and have had no
trouble with smells. Last time I had to I came down one Sat a.m. and
found small house mouse sitting hunched on the kitchen floor shivering.
Mouse did not so much as move (apart from said shivering) while I
stepped over him, fetched my hammer from the toolbox under the sink and
put it out its misery with a well aimed thud. We had a vinyl floor, so
no problems. I did have to clean the hammer though.

I suspect you had more blood and brain spatter from a hammer than you would
with a trap. We've never had it when using a trap.

Mary

Peter