NSM

"SansAdresse" wrote in message

I did buy the powered subwoofer and the crossover (a venerable
Nakamichi model), only to discover that the jumpered connectors on the
back of the Sony integrated amp are an "accessory loop" (pre-volume
control) and not a Pre-out/Main-in pair.

I would expect higher quality reproduction if things are done the
"right way": not just less distortion, but cleaner sounding music. Are
you saying that the difference wouldn't be perceptible?

I did browse through the diagrams you posted. Adding the connections you
desire is going to be performed in the 'no fun' zone. Try the easy way for
now, and if you are not happy I'll try to give you a more technically
correct answer.