Shawn D'Alimonte wrote:
: wrote:
: Shawn D'Alimonte wrote:
: :
wrote:
: : Model AV-27230
: Another caveat: The owner of the set has lost the remote control.
: I tried using a Radio Shack universal remote but can't get it to work
: even though it mentions JVC's code. Only input device is now the front
: panel of the TV. Is there any "master reset" that is accessible
: either via buttons on front or something inside? I need to disable the V-Chip
: function and put it back to its default state.

: No idea. I just own a similar set (based on model number) and looked in
: the manual. Is there no menu button on the front of the set?

There is a menu button on the front of the set but one cannot select
a "sideways" menu selection (as far as I can tell" from the buttons on
the front of the set.

b.