Dick Snyder

Based on your suggestions and my lack of a really good plane I went with the
two featherboards with the top one being solidly attached to an auxillary
fence 8" high (I bolted it into holes on my main fence which is only a
couple of inches high.

Thanks for taking the time to give me your suggestions.

Dick Snyder

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
I am making a dresser which will be the mate to one I already own. Each
drawer has mitered oak trim on the front with the front face of each piece
of trim being beveled. Before I do the miters I have to make a cut on the
face of each piece of the drawer trim to get the bevel. I am posting a
picture on abpw if you want to see what I am talking about.

To make this bevel cut (18 degrees) on my table saw I need to run a 2"
wide piece of 3/4 oak down the length of my table saw. I will be making
the cut into the 2" face. I am really worried about kickback or other
problems on this cut. If I keep a feather board on the table saw pushing
the board up against the fence and another featherboard on the fence
pushing the board down on the table, do you think that will work? What
do you think about this cut? What can I do to maximize my safety as well
as protect the wood from being screwed up?

I had thought about doing this with a panel raising bit on my router table
but I don't own such a bit and I'm not sure I would find one that is
beveled at 18 degrees though I have not looked.

TIA

Dick Snyder