Duane Bozarth

igor wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:37:15 GMT, Pat Barber
wrote:

Cause it's really tough wood. SYP is the king of softwoods
and you ain't met the tough stuff yet....

Older homes with SYP heart wood will bring tears to your
eyes when you jump on them with cutting tools.

You gotta be from the south to really understand SYP.

We got plenty...you want some more ????

I thought that the SYP that was used in old flooring (maybe 75-125 years
ago) is no longer commercially available except as recycled? (I have some
in my 90 year old house.) Is that species still being cut? -- Igor

Oh, lordy, yes...almost all pressure-treated is SYP....it is now farmed
commercially in all the SE.

And it was used (and still is although not presently as popular) for
flooring, siding, etc.

I've even seen some as moulding in the Borg since white pine and similar
species are now so expensive.