Paul Barker Paul Barker is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elad
I am about to get my old potterton boiler replaced for a new combi boiler.

The old boiler is in the kitchen and I was thinking of placing the new combi in the loft.

I quite like the performace of the vaillant 828plus because we had this in an old house and it performed with no problems.

Any problems with this boiler situated in the loft for draining etc?

Anybody got any other combi boilers in a loft with no problems?
We fit them in lofts quite a lot. A good make like Vaillant shouldn't be too much risk in that. It does become a problem with cheap boilers that inexplicably go into lockout, customer gets very tired of pulling out the loft ladder to press the reset 3 times a weak.

I would also recommend that you have a pressure guage and filling loop fitted somewhere in the main house like a kitchen cupboard, old airing cupboard, somewhere like that, so you can keep an eye on pressure and top up without going up into the loft.

Paul