ibbotsnm ibbotsnm is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfe111
Hi ibbotsnm

have or had the same Problem with my M50

does anyone have an idea how to align those 3 trays?

The most likely way is: tray 3 is in the turntable and the mechanism is
down
tray 2 is above tray 1 - both in the front part of the drawer

these trays have to be bent a lot if you reinsert them into the drawer, so
that the teeth on the one side, do not turn the teeth on the rotating
mechanism or rather move them into an unwanted position. The mechanism is
on that side where the teeth on the trays are.
I have managed to open and close all trays but getting the tray 3 out of
the turntabel still causes problems with tray 2 - hope to solve this by
ading some grease or oil to the mechanism

have luck

Richard

Richard

Hi Richard

I have obtained the repair manual from a company here in the UK and have recently tried to re-align the trays.
Firstly the manual although helpful in listing the various parts etc.it loses a lot in the translation from Japanese to English. I think you are absolutely correct in your assumption that the trays are arranged. It is probably necessary to fully dismantle the CD assembly from the rest of the unit first before any realistic repairs can be carried out. I have a copy of those instructions if you require one. My problem was that the initial snarl up was because of one of the two spring mechanisms that elevate the disc in the drive position had itself miss-aligned due to a small part of the plastic breaking. This I repaired and after quite some time I managed to understand the 'Carousel' action of the mechanism. By rotating the small bevel gear (the white one that drops loose when the unit is disasembled) 5 complete turns the first tray (Tray 2) is made to traverse from the rear to the front of the unit. Place tray 1 into the rear of the unit and turn the gear a further 5 turns and it should travel from the rear to the front as did the first tray, at the same time the first tray is elevated up to the top front position. the tray will need a little assistance during this operation since it normally works the other way up and relies on gravity to lift (drop) the tray into position. a similar operation is followed by tray 3 so allowing tray 2 to take over the drive position. I also found that the gears didn't rotate fully five times the second time but jammed causing the whole mechanism to foul up. I managed to cure this by disassembling the whole gear mechanism and turning the 'black gears' to a slightly different position from where I was then able to rotate the whole mechanism freely. Although it appeared to work when operated by hand, once I had reassembled the whole unit it refused to operate fully under power. Thats where I stand at the moment. No longer jamming but not yet fully aligned. I will crack the problem yet.!!!

Let me know how you do. I will copy the written procedure if you require it.

regards Norman Ibbotson