Jim Yanik

"egb" wrote in
oups.com:

I bought a used non-working 7905. Have almost everything fixed except:

When increasing the trace brightness to an acceptable level there is a
halo present. It is not a uniform halo, but is displaced slightly up
and to the right of the trace, probably 20% brightness at normal
brightness of main trace.

Could be a bad CRT.
Can you display a signal of amplitude enough to cover the entire graticule
and check to see if it's distorted in any way? I used to use the 50Khz ref
signal from a SG503 leveled sine wave generator.

The focus and astigmatism controls work properly.
Your help will be appreciated,
Thanks,
Emil

Well,you could have a 7904(4 holer) or a 7903(3 hole rack mount),but there
is no 7905 TEK scope.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik