Dave Hinz

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 01:02:55 -0500, Silvan wrote:
I ran into a curious situation today. I have some trivial but significant
alignment problem with the left wing of my table saw. I was attempting to
gauge how far out of whack it is by comparing two levels.

For the first level, one of those orange deals with three vials in it. I
used this to level the saw initially. It reports the saw as being level
all the way around. If I move it out to the waffle wing in question, and
position it appropriately, it also reports the wing as being level all the
way around. Whatever difference there might be is too small to gauge with
this method.

Always turn the level end-for-end to make sure that the level itself
isn't crooked. If it shows up as level one direction, but when you swap
ends shows as not level, then the measurement tool is what is technically
known as "crap".

Do you know anyone with a machinists level?