Never Enough Money

Ok John - I got it. The article "The Ultimate Router" by John White was
published, as I said, in the Fine Woodworking Tools & Shops Issue #153
Winter 2001/2002. The article you cited is entitled "A Versatile Router
Table" and is authored by Kevin McLaughlin. It is, as you said, in
Fine Woodworking Issue #169, April 2004.

Now I've just been reading both of them and to be honest, the "Ultimate
Router Table" seems a much better design to me. In fact, I beeleive
that combining some of the ideas from "The Ultimate Router Table" with
Norm Abram's router table desing woudl produce the "Ultimate Ultimate"
router table.

But that's just me. To each his own.