Dave Miller

I just built one with UHMW runners from Lee Valley. They was a little
play in them when I set them in the miter slots of my Delta Contractor
saw, but once they were screwed to the sled base, I had a nice fit.

FYI, they were selling these all over the place at the Indy woodworking
show this past weekend, so if there's one coming to your area soon, you
might pick them up there. Otherwise, hard to beat Lee Valley.

I almost bought the metal bars at Rockler, but was easier to drill and
screw down into the UHMW from above. Word of caution - screw once in
each end first, don't draw lines on the sled base of where the miter
slot should be and screw between the lines. YOu could miss the rail and
have the screw ding the miter slot. DAMHIKT...

buck wrote:
I am looking to build a crosscut sled for my table saw and want to buy some
metal or plastic Miter Bars/Miter Sliders. Any good sources for these.
Also, could these be made from some aluminum stock. Looking to fit the
standard 3/4" X 3/8" slot. I know you can make these from wood but looking
for metal or plastic. Not interested in the expensive Incra ones.
-Thanks