mp

I am looking to build a crosscut sled for my table saw and want to buy some
metal or plastic Miter Bars/Miter Sliders. Any good sources for these.
Also, could these be made from some aluminum stock. Looking to fit the
standard 3/4" X 3/8" slot. I know you can make these from wood but
looking
for metal or plastic. Not interested in the expensive Incra ones.
-Thanks

I would think waxed hard maple would wear better than aluminum or plastic. I
got a 3ft sample of 4" wide 3/4" maple flooring for $2 and it'll provide
enough runners for a years worth of jigs and sleds.