Howie

Default no stud to attach to - kitchen cabinet

My wife and I are installing our own "assemble yourself" kitchen cabinets
(Mills Pride from Home Depot). One section of base cabinet (12" wide, 24"
deep) and one section above it of wall cabinet (12" wide, 24" deep as well)
are unfortunately going to be located between the studs on the wall (these
studs are 24" on centre.)

My question:
1. Can I secure the base and wall cabinets using toggle bolts? The base
cabinet, besides being "toggle bolted" to the wall, will be screwed to a
fridge panel 24 " wide. The wall cabinet's upper half will be screwed to
fridge panel on one side, and a cabinet on the other side of it (and also
"toggle bolted" to the wall). Will this be enough to secure these 12" wall
and base cabinets?

2. If toggle bolts are not enough, do I have to cut out the drywall and
install 24" horizontal 2 x 4's secured to the studs on either side? That
would be a lot of drywall cutting, but the patches would be covered up by
the cabinets, mostly.

3. How do I secure the 24" fridge panel/base cabinet to the floor (the is
of course a fridge on the other side of the fridge panel, a stove on the
other side of the base cabinet)? Or should I even have to secure the fridge
panel / base cabinet to the floor? We plan to install laminate flooring
after the cabinets are installed.

Any tips / ideas / comments / advice would be appreciated.

Howie