Sexytom976

First thing, dont go for the inspector. It can really cost you in the
long run.
Asbestos removal, disclosure when selling the home etc.

In any case there are a few ways to handle this stuff.
(BTW some of the black cutback adhesives has asbestos in
it too.... EVERYTHING was made better with asbestos then!)

What I did was to first remove the tiles whole. Using a dry ice block
attached to a rigged up 2 x 4 frame to hold it, I was able to put it
onto
a tile, let it sit for a minute and the tile would pop off.
(apparently the
glue's properties end when its frozen)

With some luck it mostly stays on the tile too. In any case
wearing a nice respirator and having a shop vac handy sucking air
outside.
If some tiles broke, spray then with water and dispose.

In your case with 650 to remove the whole thing? Go for it. What I
did
was a pain in the ass! I get too involved with my own projects
sometimes...

Tom