Andy Dingley

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:41:46 +0000, wrote:

I am junking out a barn prior to demolition, I have come across a
fullish calor bottle about the 19kg size but it has the old female
******* thread.

Male or female ? If it's a female thread on the bottle, then that's
still in common service.

If it's a male thread on the bottle (sounds right for a khaki boittle)
then it's still useful. Many (if not most) older appliances in
service can use them. The quick-connect fitting on the hose has this
thread on the other end of it because it was supplied as a converter.
Just unscrew the quick-connect and put the hose directly onto the
bottle. There's a rubber seal washer in there too - don't lose it.

Are these things likely to be collected by museums?

No, not by Calor either. I tried to get one refilled a while back,
because I have a useful camping-stove-style burner that needs them.
They were _very_ sniffy about it. So it's in my pile of empties now
and will probably turn into a woodstove, or a teapot or something.

Any views as to how to make use of the propane? It's a dull
gray/khaki.

That's butane.
--
Smert' spamionam