raden

In message , Hugh
writes
just the 'on-off' rocker switch - and, yes it is plasric cased, and no, not
dripping wet!
My other hand was probably just touching the boiler casing, so a bit
perplexed. I'm
planning to re-wire, and replace the boiler, but depending on the problem
will decide in
which order - don't want to put in a RCD fuseboard only to find it trips
immediately, and
don't want to throw out the boiler if there's a couple of years of use from
it. It's
served me well.But I don't know how to troubleshoot a possible electrical
fault in the
boiler. Could it be shorting? or would the internal fuse blow? It's a
Worcester 9.24
Heatslave.
Any ideas gratefully received!

Well, you could get your sig sep sorted out for a start

Whay I've copied below appears as your signature ...

"view my philatelic items for sale on ebay at:
http://tinyurl.com/l32i
"John" wrote in message

"Hugh" wrote in message
Everything is cross-bonded correctly, but while touching the
combi-boiler, and the timer, at the same time, got a small shock. The
boiler is an old Worcester, the timer a separate wall mounted

Honeywell,
I had the front of the boiler off - NOT touching any electrical
componants.
Interested to know if it's the boiler/ timer, or the electrical

circuit,
or could be either.
I do full gas/electrical installations which are certificated by
qualified persons, so, please, no 'if you don't know what your doing,

get
an electrician in' type replies - they are not helpful.

What part of the Honeywell timer were you touching? AFAICR all

Honeywell
timers are plastic cased and hence should not have any conductive

parts to
provide a path for any electrical current. Was anything dripping wet?

"
--
geoff