mike ring

"Hugh" wrote in
:

Everything is cross-bonded correctly, but while touching the
combi-boiler, and the timer, at the same time, got a small shock. The
boiler is an old Worcester, the timer a separate wall mounted
Honeywell, I had the front of the boiler off - NOT touching any
electrical componants. Interested to know if it's the boiler/ timer,
or the electrical circuit, or could be either.
I do full gas/electrical installations which are certificated by
qualified persons, so, please, no 'if you don't know what your doing,
get an electrician in' type replies - they are not helpful.

How was the humidity? I've had a "buzz" off a kitchen socket faily close to
my beloved steamer.

I checked everything, not really muchpoint as I was only touching plastic
getting on for an inch away from any concuctor.

And your boiler is prolly a pretty good earth (hopefully ;-)

But it did make me jump, as I'm somewhat windy of leccy (many years,
playing with many volts) I'd hate to be holding a chip pan at the time.

mike