**THE-RFI-EMI-GUY**

They don't build radios like they used to. I remember testing the heck
out of these things. 12M specs, TIA-603 etc. What in the world happened?
Try to get "real" specs for a cellphone or FRS radio! give it up!

Ol' Duffer wrote:

In article ,
says...

Not long after beginning to use the newest vehicle (a 2004 model) we started
having problems hearing the person using that vehicle. Its signal would
drop from the repeater intermittently. Sometimes this happens for long
periods, and then again the radio will work the next day.

When this is happening I've listened to the output of the radio using a
scanner and the transmission seems normal. Yet at the same time, people in
the other vehicles never hear some of these transmissions that should be
coming from the repeater.

Not really enough information for a diagnosis, but my first
guess would be that alternator whine or other noise in the
radio's signal may be interfering with the repeater's abilty
to decode subaudible tone or digital squelch. The M1225
seems a little more susceptible to power noise getting into
the transmit audio than some of Mot's other models.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"

The Lost Deep Thoughts By: Jack Handey
Before a mad scientist goes mad, there's probably a time
when he's only partially mad. And this is the time when he's
going to throw his best parties.