Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

So far, (I haven't checked with an ammeter yet) today the pump failed to
start (and it's 27ºF) and when I pressed reset, I noted that the house
lights dimmed until the reset overload protector tripped (with quite an
audible 'pop' like when you short circuit 110vac). I had to make three
attempts to get the pump to finally start.

If you have a clamp ammeter, try measuring the amps on each leg while
starting.

I was planning to insert an AC VOM ammeter, but I don't have anything that
goes up to at least 50 amps to be safe for the surge starting current. And
even so, if the run current is ~7amps, what should the starting surge
current rise to? What's normal and what's too much?

--
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION • FILM SCANNING • DVD MASTERING • AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
Business sites at:
www.dv-clips.com
www.mwcomms.com