Rob Mitchell

buck wrote:
I am looking to build a crosscut sled for my table saw and want to buy some
metal or plastic Miter Bars/Miter Sliders. Any good sources for these.
Also, could these be made from some aluminum stock. Looking to fit the
standard 3/4" X 3/8" slot. I know you can make these from wood but looking
for metal or plastic. Not interested in the expensive Incra ones.
-Thanks

Your local woodworking store? Lee Valley sells UHMW which fits.
www.metalsupermarkets.com might be in your area. ebay (search for
aluminium or aluminum, or UHMW)

I use MDF with an edge of scrap arborite for smooth running. It may be
a few thousandth's wider than .750, but a belt sander, plane, router, or
jointer will fix that.