Mike Marlow

"Patriarch" wrote in message
. 97.136...
"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

We say dried. What we mean is cured. What's important is not that the
solvent has evaporated, but that the oils have polymerized. (There are
chemists and those who play them on television who are going to correct
me on that verb. Please. I can't think of the right one just now. I'm
in a meatloaf stupor.) The organics crosslinking, and becoming more
plasticine, solid.

Excellent. Looks like we're still ok. The boy can take his time and
"enjoy" the process. Sounds like he can't really make any major mistakes.

In the SF Bay Area, I buy mine at Woodcraft. The website has a dealer
locator. At least here, not everyone has the stuff on the shelf. Pity.

You're looking for Waterlox Original Wood finish. Maybe $17/quart?

We'll look around here and if we have to order it, well... so be it. It
just so happens that I have this walnut cut up in the garage for a mirror
frame for my wife - which has been sitting there since August when I started
working on the never ending project known as my neighbor's '52 Dodge... I'm
sure I can find a use for what Waterlox is left over from my son's project.
--

-Mike-