toller

"John" wrote in message
An electrician gave me a $400 estimate to run a new 15A circuit from the
breaker panel in the living room, down into an unfinished basement
directly
below, and then up to a new washer outlet in the bathroom, all about 25
feet
away. I thought this estimate was rather high, considering there was a
minimum amount of in-wall wiring required. Does this estimate sound
ok? ---
John

If it is as straight forward as you say, it might be a tad high. But...
last year I changed a single switch to a 3 way, thinking it would take me a
couple hours. It ended up taking all day. Since he has no idea what
problems he will encounter, it is reasonable to charge a bit more than what
it will take if everything goes perfectly.