John

Default General Clothes Dryer Disassembly Question

Hi:
A friend has asked me to repair her electric clothes dryer.
Problem- She dropped an object (possibly a pen) into the lint trap jamming
the drum.
She has done this before and the service tech repared it in 15 minutes (she
says). She seems to think that I, the inexperienced, can do it in this time
too. I told here to be prepared for a long day :-)
She is trying to avoid the service call by employing me for coffee and
donuts.

First- I am a reasonably mechanically/electrically competent person and will
not be electrocuting myself but have never taken apart a dryer. She says,
based on past service history that the face of the dryer needs to be
removed and the drum removed to remove the foreign object. Of course, I will
see if the offending object can be fished out of the lint trap orifice
before attempting major surgery.

I have never done this so any hints as to how to proceed would be
appreciated. I cannot see how to get the front of the dryer off. I have not
yet seen her dryer but looking at my own and they seem to all be similar
there is a seem but are there hidden clips behind the outer cases ? I'm
guessing the top comes off first. Are any special tools required as she has
none of her own. I have a good selection.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.
John Buffett