Percival P. Cassidy

Wiring and grounding of stations are frequent topics of discussion, and
the archives should be searchable even without registration.

Perce

On 01/25/05 08:31 am tossed the following
ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

I am so confused about how to properly ground a system. I will have a
two meter and a 440 on the roof of my house. I will run the coax down
to my sofit vents or whatever they are called and run the coax inside
the vents to my shack. Behind the wall where my rquipment will be is a
storage space that I can acess. (This is a finished attic). I will be
using a mobile radio that has two antenna outputs, one for 2 meter and
one for 440.

How do I ground the radio and does it need it? Should the coax itself
be grounded and how? Do I have to purchase one of those surge things
that screws into the coax?

Any advice is appreciated!