Solid concrete. Basically a 24 inch deep step that goes the length of
both sides of the garage, similiar to a washer/dryer step up commonly
found in the rear portion of a garage that has that equipment. I have
alot of other concrete showing up for other jobs, so it just a matter
of adding it to an order...

Duane Bozarth wrote:

I am trying to figure out if it can be done retrofitted on a garage
floor, or if it is more common to integrate into the original

concrete
work...

Hadn't thought of it, but seems perfectly reasonable approach...

No problem. You planning on a solid block or just a 3" wide (say)

dam
to set the base on? Probably would pay to run a piece of bar through

it
to help w/ cracking if it's a very long run. If is going to be full
raised slab would definitely put a piece of reinforcing mesh in...

If slab probably enough weight to not need to worry about tie into
existing slab. Otherwise, I'd probably drill a hole in the existing

slab
and put a few pieces of short bar in to hold it in place....