rck

wrote in message
oups.com...
"I think a lawyer would probably be more dishonest than the plumber."

Well, they certainly cost more. I guess I'm amazed at all these
there isn't any huge damage involved, just some wet carpet. He didn't
say how long he's been calling without getting a return call. I'd
certainly give the guy a chance to respond before I escalate everything
into crisis mode. I agree if the job was done right, it never should
have happened. But any of the other avenues, they are going to expect
that you gave him some reasonable amount of time to respond.

He did the job Friday. I've called him twice a day since and he won't return
my phone calls. This morning the gas company came to hook up the new heater.
I asked him if he knew the plumber. He didn't but said it was no big deal to
fix the plumber's other water leak on the 5/8 inch line while he was here.
Yeah, let's here it for the local propane company. So now, both leaks are
repaired and the carpet cleaners will be here tomorrow. I'm not going to
tell the plumber the leaks are fixed. Perhaps it'll give him something to
nag at him, perhaps not.

Bob