sofie

stryped:
As the books I mentioned will advise you...... use an "in-line" coax
lightning arrester.... fairly inexpensive to buy or you can make one....
details in the books. If you have not read through any of these ARRL
publications I would advise you to do so.... lots of helpful and useful
information that will answer most of your questions now and in the future...
any active Ham should have these on his bookshelf.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

wrote in message
What if the antenna is insulated form the mast? What about the coax?