jakdedert

Willie wrote:
Steve wrote:

Normal fault on those is the relay RY301, which Sony replaced with an

improved type under part number 1-515-547-11

Have you also checked for head wear and bias levels? What do the
recordings sound like if you play them back in another machine? Does
the machine have a headphone socket - if so, have you listened to it
on headphones?

Also check out any leaf or slide switches related to the mechanism
mode.

Yes that's the relay RY301 that I replaced. Took care of all the
other problems I was having, except for the left channel record.
Recordings sound the same in another machine, headphone jack on the
Sony produces same results as RCA outs. Not much head wear, if any at
all. Not discernable with magnifying.
As far as bias levels, I don't know how to go about that. I suppose
you need a scope for that.

I assume that you've thoroughly cleaned the head....?

jak

Willie