Mike Marlow

"alexy" wrote in message

Well, that will certainly give it an opportunity to soak in! But I
think he needs to spend a couple of days doing what is hardest on a
project like this -- nothing! While the oil will be soaking in while
in the baggie, it will not be curing. He needs to wipe it well, then
let it sit for 24-48 hours. Might need to wipe dry again 3-4 hours
into the curing time if some oil seeps out of the wood after the
"super saturation". He's not going to get any build by soaking--he's
got to let layers dry.

Thanks Alex. You know what they say, if a little bit is good... Good points
from you and others that he won't benefit from build up this way. And
you're right - it will be hard for him to sit tight and do nothing.
Fortunately, the bow itself is over at my house. We re-painted the camo on
it with a different, and of course, much cooler pattern, and I hung it in
the living room to cure. Can't ya imagine the wife's reaction to that!
Actually, she's pretty good about these things - we don't intrude on the
house very often. But as I was saying, the bow's here so at least he
doesn't have the temptation to put it all back together too soon.

--

-Mike-