alexy

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

I believe he has it soaking in a sandwich bag of Tung Oil while he's at work
today, so I'm sure he'll have plenty on the wood to rub out tonight.

Well, that will certainly give it an opportunity to soak in! But I
think he needs to spend a couple of days doing what is hardest on a
project like this -- nothing! While the oil will be soaking in while
in the baggie, it will not be curing. He needs to wipe it well, then
let it sit for 24-48 hours. Might need to wipe dry again 3-4 hours
into the curing time if some oil seeps out of the wood after the
"super saturation". He's not going to get any build by soaking--he's
got to let layers dry.

IMHO, of course. But this advice is consistent with my reading of
Jewitt.