Matt wrote:
Hi,
I have pipes that are in this little "box" along my outside wall of my
house.. when the temp drops to like -10 below (like we just had the
other night here in PA) the hot water froze... not much... I brought the
house up to 70 and popped some flashing off the bottom of the wall, and
ran a fan there and it defroze in a bit... but still.. is there anything
I can do (aside from ripping the wall out and putting insulation in.. or
letting water run) to help this from freezing?

Letting the water run is a very cheap solution, both in money
and material terms. It only takes a trickle to prevent freezing,
so for well less than bathtub's worth of water, you can save the
hassle and expense of a frozen or broken pipe.

--
Mike Lacy, Ft Collins CO 80523