Tom Gardner

HCl is what I use to clean Stainles 302. You could try "Lime-Away" or
similar "off-shelf" product. I think that's Oxacilic Acid or such.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,

I've got a countertop here that's got some problems. It appears to be
stainless steel, but there seems to be a bit of corrosion in a few
places. I think the word 'pitting' best describes what I'm seeing.
This counter isn't vintage or anything, just a typical kitchen counter.
As it's in an otherwise lousy apartment building, it was probably the
cheapest thing that could be found at the time of purchase.

So, although I'm pretty sure I can't undo the pitting, what I'd like to
do is make the color of these depressions, which are a slightly darker
grey, the same as the surrounding metal.

Any suggestions about a common and preferably mild chemical (this would
be best since I'm overseas) or product I could get that might achieve
this?

Thanks!