Jeff Wisnia

I have a Craftsman 5 hp snowblower, three years old. I forgot to
remove the gas from the gas tank. I've ordered a repair kit and have
soaked the carb in a solvent for awhile. It's a Tecumseh carb with a
bowl float.

When I put the carb back together, I know I have to snug the bolt that
holds the bowl then back it off about 1 to 1-1/2 turns. I have not
removed or played with any other settings.

Are there any other adjustments I need to make? I really would
appreciate help.
Thanks,
Dermott

AWhen you say "bolt", are you referring to the part which holds the bowl
onto the carb, or to the needle valve in the center of that part?

If it's the needle valve then 1-1/2 turns is about right as a starting
point, you'll likely have to tweak it to a position where it's "right"
for running under load.

I usually adjust it for maximum no load revs with the engine speed
control to it's full speed position, and then open it a bit more, but
not so much that the engine starts to sound rough.

Works for me. YMMV,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia