Bob Shuman

Agreed. Thanks for the clarification since I missed it was the plates
glowing and assumed it was the filaments. Sounds like he has a short

Bob

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"Bob Shuman" writes:

The diodes were my thought as well, but this may not give the necessary
control since voltage drop must be a multiple of the bias voltage. But

this
will certainly get you closer and help determine if you have another

problem
that is causing the filaments to glow so red hot.

He said the plates are glowing red. That's not a filament voltage
problem.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/
+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/lasersam.htm
| Mirror Sites:

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the

excessive
traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header above

is