dadiOH

Hello,

I've got a countertop here that's got some problems. It appears to be
stainless steel, but there seems to be a bit of corrosion in a few
places. I think the word 'pitting' best describes what I'm seeing.
This counter isn't vintage or anything, just a typical kitchen
counter. As it's in an otherwise lousy apartment building, it was
probably the cheapest thing that could be found at the time of
purchase.

So, although I'm pretty sure I can't undo the pitting, what I'd like
to do is make the color of these depressions, which are a slightly
darker grey, the same as the surrounding metal.

Any suggestions about a common and preferably mild chemical (this
would be best since I'm overseas) or product I could get that might
achieve this?

I'd think polishing with a mild abrasive like a powder cleanser would
clean it up. With some water and a soft pad.

Probably a weak acid would do it too.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.05...