Ian White

Andrew Chesters wrote:
Rob Morley wrote:

SNIP
If I had bats in the roof space I wouldn't do anything to disturb
them - they're protected by legislation anyway.

You would if you could. One or two sweet little fledemaus is one
thing. However, when the colony grows a bit, and the seek some
lebensraum, you will want to reach for the bat traps.

They will move into the cavities, and if there are gaps, your bedroom
too. Once in the house, as it is illegal to disturb them, you might as
well move out.

It is not impossible to get them moved, just d@mned difficult. English
Nature look after them.

Fortunately the bats themselves decided to move on, as soon as they
realised the house had other occupants.

Lifted loft hatch; exit two bats, never to return.

(Defendant claims that he did call out "Whoops - sorry!" and begs for
mercy.)

--
Ian White
Abingdon, England