Ken Weitzel

rijo1 wrote:
No Ken , the tubes are used in a RF circuit . I can't take a amp reading off the
circuit without loading the circuit with RF . That is the problem .
The voltage is too high and is driving the tubes too hard and turning the plates
RED in a matter of seconds . The tubes cost $ 93.00 each and I don't want to
kill them . There is no RF on the filaments but only on the plate caps . Thanks

Hi...

Then NSM gave you the answer... after an investment
of about 500 bucks in tubes, invest a little more in
the correct filament transformer...

But like JURB suggested, I suspect you have something
more than over-voltage on the filaments if you have
the plates glowing after a few seconds. Load, perhaps?

Ken